Rules of War (Faction vs. Faction Conflicts)
War must then be declared in game using the ‘/war declare’ command
Factions must hold one tile of land and a designated HQ to declare war (Plugin enforced)
The reddit declaration must clearly indicate who your faction is and the faction you are declaring against [for example SUNLIT Vs LUNAR or WARBOYS march on CROHBRO] this is purely so people know at a glance what is going on)
All declarations must consist of a minimum of three parts: IE (who what and why)
- A brief history/tie in with the lore of your faction
- A reason for your conflict
- Your goal or desired outcome
A war declaration must be a minimum of 100 words (if it is in another language or nonsensical language in accordance with your RP please include an intelligible english translation, this does not increase your “word count”)
- The declaration can be propaganda it does not need to be completely literal or factual. Wars throughout history have been fought without literal truth behind them; if anything most are politically motivated and often have a fair bit of propaganda or glossing over of facts.
- If you feel you need to explain a reason for war that doesnt fit in with the RP for some reason feel free to mention it in out of character (OOC), but this will not count towards word count
- If you make a declaration, and are asked to hold your activity by staff, or stop and correct your declaration before continuing, do so. Failure to follow instructions of staff will lead to jailing, and could turn the tide of battle. You have been warned; and staff will not intervene if you’re affected by jailing when you were told to stop your activity.
- Factions must wait at least 1 hour after a declaration of war before raiding . This declaration has to be made in both on Reddit and in-game declaration before the 1 hour wait begins. but shooting battles are fine during this time frame. Explosives, flamethrowers or incendiary rockets and base cracking are not.
“LOOT” LAND AND BASE STANDARDS
Your claims are where it is expected that you operate out of as a faction. This means that your loot /possessions are primarily on your land.
You may not hide your loot off claim or in friendly towns/lands (barring reasonable shops). It is understandable to have resourcing bases or hidden caches to allow you to rebuild a small base but it is not to be abused…
Defensive despawning is not allowed, as an alternative though you are allowed to attempt to escape to Badlands or another of your claims while your base is under attack. (This is to allow good faith attempts to make a daring escape under fire. Not expressly to deny loot. A good attacker can easily thwart an escape but a clever defender can live to rebuild and fight another day)
FIGHTING IN WAR
In general those not affiliated in the war should avoid War zones, You enter a war zone at your own risk. Self defense is permitted if fired upon first but repeatedly entering warzones to bait a fight is not allowed.If you want to get involved, enlist as a mercenary for the faction or make a declaration of your own so it puts your lands at risk as well.
All enemy tiles must be attacked from the outside the claims landmass inward. Consider ocean tiles as border tiles that cannot be attacked from You may not attack directly to the interior of the enemy tiles.[Example Image]
Factions that have lost their HQ will need a new HQ claimed before claiming land.
Factions cannot sell, relinquish or transfer land during a time of war without the permission of all parties involved in the war.
Factions that have had all of their land taken from them are automatically considered defeated and must find and claim new land before they can declare war again. They still can protect their base structure if the raid against it has not been completed by the raiding party, but they will not be able to counter raid without first claiming land again.
Factions wishing to enlist the aid of indies may hire them as mercenaries. In order for an indie to be allowed to fight/raid along side a faction they must be invited into the faction temporarily and carry the tag.
If a faction is hired to act as mercenaries or assist allies in war they must make a declaration of war following normal war rules.
You cannot piggyback the declaration of another factions declaration, you need to make your own.
If your employer has been defeated you are still considered at war unless you come to peace with the other faction. This is the risk you take as a Merc Faction/Involved ally.
SPIRIT OF WARFARE
This section is not about rules but about what it means to play here. This is more about the spirit of play.
While not expressly against the rules Offline raiding is considered scummy by the community. Many a faction has found themselves on the receiving end of multiple War declarations for dirty/cowardly tactics like offline raiding.
Be cognizant that this is a multinational server we have different play hours and factions that seem inactive might very much be around at times when you are not.
Factions should have a reason to be at war with another faction and interactions with other faction members/leadership should be taken. It happens but no one likes to see a war declaration from a faction they have never met before.
It is highly recommended to speak to the faction leader before coming to war, this is a server about having fun and telling a story not about being the biggest or the best.
Sometimes problems like high taxes or simple land disputes can be settled without violence and instead shrewd diplomatic negotiations.
Give the people you are warring with the opportunity to engage and take part in the fun. It is best to use in game communications orthe #diplomacy channel on Discord if possible. Think from a story/RP first perspective where possible.
It is strongly advised that in the event of total defeat to attempt to come to peace terms with the opponent and or join forces with another faction. Please remember defeat isn’t the end, merely a chance for a new story to be told.